Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 182: 1995 Upper Deck - #405

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  Upper Deck
Card number: 405

1995 was one of the years where I bought very few cards - in fact, I believe '95 is the year I bought the fewest number of cards in all of the 90s.  Because of my stinginess at that time, I've found myself actively seeking out Barry Larkin cards from the likes of eBay and Listia (plus trading of course).  Amazingly, 1995 is now one of the years that I own the most Larkin cards from - even if I still own very few other cards from '95.

In fact, this might be the only Upper Deck flagship card that I own from '95.  Looking at the design, it's not terrible - certainly better than some of the later Upper Deck sets!  I particularly like the photo that Upper Deck used for the front of Larkin's card - you've got to like any shot with dirt flying everywhere!  The only thing that could have made the image better would be if Larkin's face were visible.  Even so, it's a nice card front.

The back is basic - it looks like any other nondescript Upper Deck card back to me.  That's neither praise nor a complaint, it's just the way it is.  All things told, this is a solid card, nothing spectacular though (much like the year 1995 in general)!

Comments

  1. I agree that the Larkin's face could be more visible but it's such a great dusty card that I would not care much about the rest.

    Put this card on voting and I'll sure vote for it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment