Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Check Out My Cards - Volume I: A Big One Joins My Collection (Elusive Eight in Hand!)

A couple of days ago, I said I had received a package from Check Out My Cards.  I finally got the chance to organize the 14 cards and put them in their respective card binders - but before I did that I made sure to scan 'em!  Over the next few days (or weeks, depending on other posts), I plan to highlight some of the cards I purchased and how the card(s) affect my personal collection.  I'm happy to report that some of the cards finished off sets that I've been working on for quite some time!

For the price of a blaster plus tax, I was able to acquire 14 cards from my want list - but none were bigger than this one:

That's a 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter cabinet card - and it's the last of the cabinet cards that I needed for the set.  This particular card had been languishing on my Elusive Eight list for quite some time - but when I saw a relatively cheap one available on Check Out My Cards, I knew I had to buy it!

This card is part of the National Parks set of cabinet cards - there are four National Parks cards in total (Yellowstone plus Grand Canyon, Yosemite, and Redwood).

With this card now in hand, I'm almost done with the 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter set.  In fact, I am now only looking for three of the N43 cards:

2011 Allen & Ginter Wants:N43:  Joey Votto, Adam Wainwright, David Wright

The cabinet card is one out of 14 different cards that I purchased - stay tuned to see more goodies in the near future!

Comments