Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Check Out My Cards - Volume III: A Josh Hamilton N43

I have some sort of completion problem with Allen & Ginter.  What I mean by that is that I feel compelled to complete almost every insert set within the Allen & Ginter family.  One of the toughest sets to complete is the box topper sets.  I already showed off the 2011 Cabinet card set that I finally completed thanks to Check Out My Cards (check my archives).  Today, it's another Ginter box topper that I bought from CoMC.

That's Josh Hamilton from the 2012 N43 box topper set.  The N43 set is tough because it has 15 different cards - each seeded 1 per box.  Of course, sometimes you get one of the aforementioned Cabinet cards instead...or if you are lucky, you get an autograph or relic instead.

Anyhow, I'm slowly but surely coming closer to completing the full 2012 N43 set.  In fact, I'm now down to needing a mere TWO N43 cards from 2012.

2012 Topps Allen & Ginter Wants:
N43:
 N43- 11 (Ken Griffey Jr.), 14 (Mike Schmidt)

I'm also working on the 2011 Allen & Ginter N43 set.  Somehow, I'm missing THREE of those still, despite having an extra year to try and collect the pesky things.

2011 Allen & Ginter Wants:
N43:  
Joey Votto, Adam Wainwright, David Wright

I can't be sure that I'll ever finish off the two N43 sets, but when I can find one of the missing cards for cheap on a site like Check Out My Cards, I will pounce!

At this point, you've now seen four of the 14 cards from my recent CoMC purchase.  What other goodies did I pick up?  You'll have to wait and see!

Comments