Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Check Out My Cards - Volume VI: What Have I Done?

Welcome back to another post showing off some of my Check Out My Cards purchases.  This post is a bit different than some of the previous posts though because I've finally broken down and bought my first 2013 Topps product (non-group break related):

Yep - a 2013 Gypsy Queen blaster from Wal*Mart.  I haven't actually opened the blaster up yet, that will probably have to wait until I have a bit more time tomorrow.  (Don't worry - I'll show off the cards since the set is still new to me.)

The purchase of the blaster is noteworthy for two reasons:
1.  It truly is the first pack/blaster/box etc. of 2013 stuff that I've bought for myself.
2.  The purchase put me 34 cents in the hole on the year for my hobby budget.

I've been extremely careful with my budget this year - you'll see why I've had absolutely no disposable income in due time.  However, I couldn't help myself when I stopped in the card aisle, especially since Wal*Mart drives me nutty with their 18 registers of which only three are open.  The other good news is that the month is almost over and I'm expecting a rather nice paycheck from my Yahoo! writings early next month.

Now, let's leave the land of 2013 Gypsy Queen and return to the Check Out My Cards purchase.  Today's post is also about Gypsy Queen, but from the 2011 set.

The 2011 GQ set has been exceedingly elusive for me.  I can't think of the last time that I've had a set with so many base cards (non-short prints) on my want list without getting any trade offers.  Heck, I still am missing three of the regular 'ol base cards plus a slew of short prints.  I guess Topps didn't produce enough of the set so the supply has essentially evaporated (do you ever see 2011 GQ packs in repack boxes?  I didn't think so).

Anyhow, I need a boatload of cards from the set still:

2011 Topps Gypsy Queen Wants:Base:   1, 26, 48, 303, 306, 308, 310, 311, 312, 313, 315, 317, 318, 323, 326, 330, 331, 334, 339, 341, 342, 345, 346, 348, 349
Great Ones:  GO- 7, 13, 14, 18, 21

But, one thing that I no longer need is the Home Run Heroes set.  Thanks to Check Out My Cards, I was able to acquire the final two missing cards from my set.  As luck would have it (such as the luck is), the two depicted players are probably two of my least favorite players currently playing in MLB.

HH2.  Albert Pujols

HH4.  Mark Teixeira

I find it hard to believe that Teixeira is a hero to anyone.  Pujols was admittedly a great player for the Cardinals but part of me sort of enjoys him being a bit of a disappointed now that he's moved on for the biggest possible paycheck.

Now that you've seen the two Gypsy Queen cards, there's only two more remaining cards from my purchase that I need to reveal.  I mentioned it previously, but one of the two cards is a relic card - of the mini variety no less!  Stay tuned.

Comments

  1. About Teixeira I'm 'anyone' because I like him eheh ;)

    Those green cards seem like an Eco Baseball promotion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment