Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Thorzul Rules Now!

The past month was a crazy month for me, mostly because of work related things (the end of the semester will do that to a person).  However, other than having to still attend graduation for our senior class, I'm all done with work for the 2012/13 academic year.  As such, I've been able to turn my attention to things that are more fun - things such as baseball cards (and LEGO sets)!  Today's trade package is courtesy of Thorzul from Thorzul Will Rule - and I can happily say that his return package went in the mail yesterday.  In fact, I believe I'm totally caught up on mailing out cards to people...and after this trade package I only have three other envelopes sitting near my desk waiting to be discussed!

I sent Thorzul a bunch of 2008 Topps Heritage base cards plus a few inserts and parallels.  In return, he put together an amazing trade package for me.  We begin with a card that I never thought I'd see made...  

A Corky Miller jersey card!

Corky is a bit of a legend among Reds fans - he's been around seemingly forever and his facial hair that he now sports is a thing of legends.  That said, he's never been particularly good (at least not at hitting or throwing out base runners) but he's still a crowd favorite!  This card is an instant treasure to me!

Moving on to lesser treasures:

Yep, an autograph can't beat the wonderful power that is Corky.  Sorry Daryl, maybe next time.  Even so, I always appreciate Reds autographs - especially since I refuse to actually spend my own money on eBay or the like acquiring such cards.  I might (someday) buy a Barry Larkin autograph since that's a major hole in my collection...but for now, I'll rely on generous traders like Thorzul.

In addition to the Reds hits, Thorzul also threw in one more Reds card for me - this super shiny Reggie Sanders numbered 13/25 on the back.  

It's a pretty nice card - and I have no idea what set it's from (Rookie Cup maybe?).  I will say it looks much nicer in person than it does in the above scan.

Finally, I was also fortunate enough to be able to land a few cards from my want list.  The best of the bunch?  This Joey Votto Rookie Perfomer.

How I never was able to acquire that card before is beyond me - but I'm happy to have it now!

The final three cards of the trade were all from the 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game set - a set that I'm determined to finish someday!

First up, a Tigers Great card of Jack Morris.

I love the team greats cards in the set - the Morris is no exception!

The final two cards get a single scan since they go together - both are part of the Nickname Greats set.  

I don't think I ever heard "Secretary of Defense" before as a nickname but it's much, much better than the lame nicknames of today.  Seriously, A-rod?  HanRam?  

Thanks for the great trade Thorzul!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. I think every team has a Corky Miller. Mine with the Cubs for awhile was the Augie Ojeda.

    Nice trade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, that Sanders is from the 2005 Topps Rookie Cup set. It is a one per box chrome reprints set. I have the 96 Garret Anderson that I pack pulled a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:01 PM

    Corky's a bit of a "legend" with the Twins, too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment