Featured Post

2013 Topps Archives Group Break: The Final Countdown (Packs 14 & 15)

My fingers are raw.  My keyboard worn out.  Thank goodness the break is almost over.

Ok, ok, it's not that serious.  But I am serious when I say I'm glad the break is almost over - I have so many stacks of cards sitting on my desk right now that I'm getting a bit claustrophobic.  No one wants that, do they?

Box 3 - Pack 14:
Roy Halladay - Phillies
C.J. Wilson - Angels
Brandon Belt - Giants
Jon Lester - Red Sox
Jacoby Ellsbury - Red Sox
Jurickson Profar - Rangers
Evan Longoria - Rays
HMA-SP.  Heavy Metal Autograph:  Stephen Pearcy (Member of RATT)

Uh, yay?  The Heavy Metal autographs are seeded 1:153 which makes 'em quite rare.  Unfortunately, other than Axl Rose (whose auto sells for big, big bucks), who wants 'em?  I guess I know I don't...but there must be some sort of market for the cards since Topps included them in the set.  I can only hope this is a "bonus" autograph and that it doesn't take the place of one of the Fan Favorite autos.  Unfortunately, I've seen a few box breaks where people got exactly two autos (which included one of the heavy metal people).  On the bright side, a team like the Astros or Marlins which have mostly been disappointments in the break are now in the running for an autograph as this too will be randomized at the end of the break.

Box 3 - Pack 15:
Mark Teixeira - Yankees
Starling Marte - Pirates
Jared Weaver - Angels
Prince Fielder - Tigers
Shelby Miller - Cardinals
Aaron Hill - Diamondbacks
83-BH.  All-Star:  Bryce Harper - Nationals

MT-DE.  Tall Boys:  Dwight Evans - Red Sox

Upon further reflection, I guess it's kind of cool we pulled that Heavy Metal auto...we've had good luck pulling rare cards this break which is always fun!  Still nine packs remaining in the box, let's see if we can't find at least one more awesome card before the break is over!

Comments