Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Topps Archives Packs Make Me Happy (Usually)

Here's another trio of packs out of a recent 2013 Topps Archives box that I busted.  I've decided to chase the majority of the inserts in the set - plus the entire base set (with short prints) so there are a lot of cards that I still need from the set!

Pack 4:

This pack began strong - three Reds in three cards but the real prize is this "box hit" card of Prince Fielder.  Much like the Tall Boys, the BK inserts have been growing on me as time goes on.  I don't think I'll be chasing the set though - too rare (one per box).  Even so, this is a nice lookin' card that I certainly wouldn't mind keeping.

Pack 5:

For some reason, the 1991 reprint cards in this set feel all sorts of wrong.  I think it's the fonts at the bottom of the card - or maybe the white card stock...  I guess I don't know for sure what it is but for whatever reason this card simply screams "wrong, wrong, wrong."  I don't like it.

Pack 6:

Unlike the '91 Topps reprints, the 1990 reprints are quite nice.  In fact, the Uggla is nothing more than your run-of-the-mill base card, and yet, it's awesome.  Dirty uniform, throwback jersey, plus some old school Phillies powder blues in the background.  That's all sorts of good!




Comments

  1. The 1990 Topps Uggla did come out nicely. Although it's kinda gaudy, I like that set a lot. The Griffey Jr from 1990 Topps is as good as they get in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment