Featured Post

Allen & Ginter Case Rip: Box #8 - Packs 13 - 24

We've made it to the final portion of the middle third of the Allen & Ginter case.  Will there be one last hurrah in this box (the first half of the box - posted yesterday - was pretty darn good as it was)!  Let's find out.

Packs 13 - 24:

As I mentioned above, the first half of this box was pretty good so I wasn't expecting a lot of great stuff in the second half.  Luckily for me, I was pleasantly surprised.  On the whole, this was probably one of the best boxes of the case (so far).

To begin, I got another pair of black bordered minis (including one of Hank Aaron which you have to love).

I think the black bordered cards look quite sharp this year - I'd love to see a full set put together (but it won't be done by me unfortunately).

I also landed two more mini inserts.  The first was yet another Peacekeeper card.

The other was another Inquiring Minds card - a set that I don't have all that many of quite yet.

Finally, I pulled the third and final hit of the box in the second to last pack that I opened...and it was of Mike Joy.

Now, I had never heard of Mr. Joy but that didn't matter.  What mattered to me was the fact that the relic bit wasn't just your average grey cloth.  Instead, it's Joy's tie...and not just any tie - it's the tie that he's wearing in his photo (something that I appreciate)!  I love when the A&G relics contain "strange" things - a few years ago you could bits of rope, playing cards, and even dominoes - Topps should do more of that!

Comments