Featured Post

Gint-a-Cuffs V: College Classes Start Today!

Today marks the official start of the 2013/14 academic school year.  My schedule this semester is basically the same as last year (two sections of Calculus I plus one section of The Mathematics of Games and Gambling).  I also run both sections of the Calculus I lab and I am a co-teacher for our capstone class.  It's a nice mix of majors, perspective majors, and non-math types each day - keeps things fresh and interesting for me.

In terms of the blog, the only thing that would make my Gint-a-Cuffs entry fresh and interesting is some sort of major goodness in the last few packs.  Right now, I've opened 20 packs and tallied a mere 145 points.  Is there any way possible that I could break 200 and make a run for the crown?  Let's find out...

Pack 21:
58.  Shin-Soo Choo (+1 for being a Red this year)

132.  Ryne Sandberg
207.  Troy Tulowitzki
240.  Mike Leake (+1 another Red)

253.  Mark Trumbo
327.  Yogi Berra (+2 for being a short print but -1 for being a stupid Yankee = +1 point)

OLC-HAU.  Haumea (+3 One Little Corner)

Reg. mini:  142.  Garrett Jones

Pack total:  6 points
Running total:  151 points

Oye.  I'm sick of getting the Haumea card, I think my case had three or four of that one which was super annoying since I didn't get the complete set in my case.  Poor distribution by Topps.  Speaking of poor things done by Topps, I still haven't gotten a response about my missing rip card.

Pack 22:
57.  Mike Olt
71.  Ben Zobrist
124.  Olivia Culpo (+1 for eye candy in a baseball card set)

151. R.A. Dickey (+2 favorite player)

198.  Jayson Werth
318.  Eric Hosmer (+2 short print)

MM-ZU.  Zulu (+3 Martial Mastery)

A&G back:  101.  Yonder Alonso (+2 for being a slightly rarer parallel)

Pack total:  10 points
Running total:  161 points

Well, pack 22 was decent (you need to average close to 10 points per pack to have a chance in Gint-a-Cuffs) but it might be a case of too little, too late.  That said, there are two packs remaining (and one of them holds my third and final hit).  Might I get super lucky and pull out a miraculous comeback?  Time will tell.

Comments