Featured Post

Larkin Collection 207: 1991 Post Cereal - #18

Barry Larkin
Year:  1991
Brand:  Post Cereal
Card number:  18

In the early 1990s, Post cereal issued a series of baseball cards each year that were inserted in various cereal boxes.  In 1991, the cards were fairly plain with a simple head shot on the front (complete with a photoshopped team logo).  The reverse showed career statistics and a had a facsimile signature - all in various shades of blue.

As someone who enjoys oddball cards, I can probably attribute that love to Post cereal.  Cereal cards were my first introduction to oddball card sets - and while I never treated them as the "same" as a Topps or Upper Deck set in my collection, I still enjoyed acquiring them (though this particular design is a bit lacking, even for an oddball set).

Comments