Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The Perils of the PWE! (The USPS Still Hates Me)

Over the last week or so, I've managed to get caught up in terms of posting the various trade packages that arrived at the Nachos Grande casa.  Among the various packages was a slew of PWEs, all of which arrived unscathed with their contents in tact.

Unfortunately, the post office seems to hate me (and not just because of a terrible selling experience on eBay with the post office).  No, this time it was a PWE graciously sent to me by Mark up in Alaska (you know him from Collector's Crack).

Mark had one of The Greats inserts cards that I've had on my want list for quite some time (Joe Morgan).  I was pumped when I opened the PWE and saw what card Mark sent me.  Unfortunately, I also saw this...

Yep, a shattered hard plastic toploader.  That's never a good sign.  You can't tell from the scan but the entire left side of the top loader is split down the middle.  Unfortunately, it wasn't just the top loader that suffered in the hands of the postal service.

Poor Morgan has a crease right through the middle.

I don't actually know how this happened (clearly it was no fault of Mark's).  In fact, he even paid extra postage since it was an thicker than average card (and thus it should have avoided the dreaded rolling sorting machines that are the usual bane to PWEs everywhere).  No, I think someone actually decided it would simply be fun to bend the envelope in half.  I'm beginning to be more and more convinced that the post office has it out for me.

The good news is that I do need the Morgan - and while I'll probably still try to track down a non-injured card, this will serve as a nice enough fill in for my set.  After all, I spend money on cards in a lot worse shape than this!

Thanks again for the card Mark...hopefully I'm simply in a bad spell in terms of the post office - I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't do the trading portion of the blog!

PS:  Round 0 of my contest is now open.  However, it closes before too long so make sure you check it out (and write your entry if you are part of the festivities).  If you aren't, make sure you check out the various posts that have been written so far, there's a lot of great stuff out there!  You can find the links to all the posts that have been written thus far in the comments section.

Comments

  1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Dammit. Sorry man. I've had it sitting on my desk for a few months with your name on it and I was trying to do some clearing and I figured I'd PWE it to you instead of waiting around till we ended up doing another trade. I suppose I could be at fault for not writing do not bend on the envelope, but I think you're right the USPS does not like you at all. That's a really bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. I guess a consolation was if it wasn't in the toploader things would have been worse, even if one of those "card savers" was used which is about as useful as the tape most people use to seal them shut.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment