Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 236: 1989 Score Scoremasters - #24

Barry Larkin
Year:  1989
Brand:  Score Scoremasters
Card number:  24

In 1989, Score released a set called Scoremasters.  Unlike the gaudy Score flagship designs of the era, the Scoremasters set is a classy affair.  From what I can tell (and I didn't find a lot of information about this set online), the 1989 set contains 42 different cards.  It took a bit of sleuthing to figure out that this is actually considered a 1989 set despite the fact that the copyright on the bottom of the card showing 1990.  I hate when that happens!

Besides Larkin, there is only one other Red in the set (Eric Davis).   Of course, I'm content to own only the Barry Larkin card!  I like the Scoremaster set quite a bit - the front image is interesting (and different) and the write-up on the back is awesome.  In fact, I like that it says that Larkin is "on the verge of being acknowledged as the best shortstop in baseball."  Good stuff by Score for sure!

Comments