Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! The Raz Razes My 2013 Topps Archives Want List!

Chris from the wonderful Raz Card Blog recently sent me a surprise envelope full of 2013 Topps Archives cards that I desperately wanted!  Chris included a note saying he had recently busted a little bit of 2013 Archives and had a few for me...but the stack of fifteen cards (all of which I needed) counts as more than "a few" in my book!

Let's take a look at what cards Chris sent my way.

First up, three base short prints (Tim Salmon, Otis Nixon, and Paul Blair).

It's amazing how difficult it has been to track down the short prints from the set.  Heck, I even opened up two boxes myself - plus participated in at least one group break and I'm still missing 14 (out of 45).  However, before Chris' package arrived I was missing 17 so I guess there is still hope I might end up tracking down the rest of the short prints!

In terms of the three short print cards, the Otis Nixon was my clear favorite - mostly based on the card design (1992 v. 1993 and 1974 for the other two players) but also in terms of the image used.  Nothing like a good helmet toss on a baseball card.

In keeping with the spirit of three cards, Chris also mailed me three of the All-Star inserts that I needed.

I chose to scan the Darryl Strawberry card because it looks like Strawberry is cheesing for a 1980s TV show or something.  What a goofy image (I like it)!

The final group of three that Chris sent my way was three of the 1969 Sticker cards.  Thanks to Chris' generosity, I'm now only missing one more sticker card (the one with Ruth, Gehrig, Berra, and Jackson on it).  Of the three stickers sent my way this time, the best one was the Spahn, Koufax, Carlton, and Kershaw card by far!

I wonder what guys like Spahn or Koufax would be paid if they played today...

The final six cards in the trade package were all Tall Boys inserts - another set that has been tough sledding to track down (mostly because there are so many of them to collect)!  Chris really helped me out though by whittling my Tall Boys want list almost in half!

The only one I didn't scan was the Bryce Harper - but I doubt anyone cares because most people seem to be tired of Harper (and the Nationals for that matter).

For the record, here is my (much smaller) want list in terms of what I still need in order to complete the 2013 Topps Archives set:
2013 Topps Archives:
Base:  201, 204, 213, 214, 217, 218, 223, 225, 233, 235, 236, 237, 240, 242
Tall Boys:  DC, DE, FL, FM, MS, RC, RCL
Gallery of Heroes:  AP, BR, CR, DJ, MC, MR, MT, RC, SK, TW, WM, YB
All-Star:  CR, GB, GC
Stickers:  
69S-RGBJ Babe Ruth - Lou Gehrig - Yogi Berra - Reggie Jackson
1972 Basketball Design:  JB (Johnny Bench)
Dual Fan Favorites:  DFF-DC

Thanks for the great trade package Chris!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments