Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 247: 2003 Fleer Ultra - #41

Barry Larkin
Year:  2003
Brand:  Fleer Ultra
Card number:  41

I've always been a big fan of Fleer Ultra, but I have to admit that the '03 design leaves a lot to be desired.  The entire front (and back) of the card is chock full of blocks - and while that may work in a game like Minecraft, it most definitely does not work for a baseball card.  This is a typical "modern" design you might have found on a 90s baseball card...except Fleer released the set in 2003 which makes it most definitely not modern.

On the bright side, I do like the fact that the colors are team colors - and I like the large team logo on the back of the card (along with career statistics).  I hate the hard-to-read card number though.  In the end, this isn't a set that I'm eager to chase - though I'm certainly happy to have the Barry Larkin card for my binder!

Comments