Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 252: 1992 O-Pee-Chee Premier - #96

Barry Larkin
Year:  1992
Brand:  O-Pee-Chee Premier
Card number:  96

The O-Pee-Chee Premier set had a rather pompous name for the time (but at least it was a marked improvement over the 1992 O-Pee-Chee flagship effort).  In fact, had I know about O-Pee-Chee Premier when I was a kid, I probably would have chased the set!  Instead, the only O-Pee-Chee that I ever saw was the "clone of Topps except with French added on the back."  Since I didn't know French, nor would I ever take French in the future, cards with French on them as their only distinguishing feature never appealed to me!

As for the this particular Larkin card, I think the back is ten times better than the front!  I love the giant Reds' logo (especially since it's the running man).  I also like the mug shot and the easy-to-read card number.  I don't care for the vertical text but I am well aware that vertical text was a popular card element in the 90s and so I'll forgive O-Pee-Chee for that.


Comments