Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! An Oversized Card from Arpsmith (Plus a Sweet Larkin)!

The other day I received a HUGE envelope in the mail from Adam over at Arpsmith's Sportscard Obsession.  When I say HUGE envelope, I mean in terms of the physical size of the thing.  I think Adam could have mailed a small sports car that thing!

Why the giant envelope?  Well, Adam had one of the Allen & Ginter box toppers for me...and box toppers require larger envelopes to mail!  The card in question is this pretty cool card of one of the Natural Wonders:  Aurora.

I have to admit, I was close to taking the box toppers off of my want list because trading had been all but nonexistent for them.  However, since Adam sent me one as a bit of a surprise (he had mentioned having one available awhile back), I think I'll keep the set on my want list for a bit longer with the hopes of tracking down the remaining cards yet!

In addition to the giant card, Adam also threw in a few regular sized Reds cards for me.

First, this shiny Joey Votto Topps Town card.

I actually have never seen a shiny Topps Town card - was this how the actual set looked (I think I only have the Topps Town cards that were inserted in flagship packs)?  No matter, I will say this looks like a much higher quality card than the crappy regular Topps Town cards from 2010 that I'm used to!  I could even imagine people collecting this set if they all looked like this!

Adam must be a magnet for Reds parallels as he was able to send three different ones my way (which works out since I sent him a trio of Giants parallels not all that long ago)!  Adam sent me a pair of red diamond sparkly thingies - one of Heisey and one of Simon.

I'm a little worried for the 2014 Reds if Simon has to be one of the Reds five starters (they are saying that might be the case if Mat Latos isn't ready for opening day).  Nothing against Simon...but he's no Latos (and without Latos pitching like he should, the Reds probably have no shot in the National League this year).

The third parallel was this gold parallel beauty of Shin-Soo Choo.

I'll miss Choo - but I guess I'm happy the Reds didn't spend all the money it would have required to keep him in a Cincy uniform.

Finally, we get to the real prize of the trade (besides the Ginter card from my want list) - a brand new Larkin for my collection!

Yeah, this is a 1997 Donruss card that I didn't even know existed!  I'll have more on this one when I feature it in its very own Barry Larkin Collection post.

Thanks for the great trade envelope Adam!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Glad you got the cards and like them. I bought a tin of the Donruss Preferred a couple years back then misplaced it - my plan all along was to send you the Larkin. Just tracked it down recently trying to organize my card room. The Votto shiny Attax card is a one per pack insert (I think) the regular cards were similar to what you get out of flagship packs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment