Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

More Chrome Goodies (including a Blue Parallel)

I got some nice news today (in the form of an email) that I was accepted for one of my institution's technology grants.  Basically, I'll get a small stipend to spend on technology upgrades in which I will then be able to make more use of in my classroom instruction.  It was my first time applying for a grant of any type, so to be accepted on the first try is quite exciting!

Speaking of exciting, I'm in the midst of a 2013 Topps Chrome box break on my blog - so I might as well keep going with that too.  We are now set to begin the second half of the box.

Pack #13:
83.  Shin-Soo Choo

Finally, another Red for my collection (even if Choo was only a Red for a single year).  I have to admit, for a one year rental he sure was one heckuva ballplayer!
161.  Zack Greinke
197.  Giancarlo Stanton
154.  Refractor:  Nick Franklin

A Seattle refractor...almost as bad as an Oakland refractor in terms of potential trade bait.  Other than Griffey Jr (and maybe old Ichiro cards), I'm not sure anyone collects Mariners stuff!

Pack #14:
25.  Hyun-Jin Ryu
121.  Allen Craig
171.  Tony Cingrani

And would you look at that - two packs, two Reds!  Good stuff!
96.  Blue Refractor:  Yoenis Cespedes #140/199

Although this is yet another Oakland parallel, I have to admit that this one didn't upset me at all.  A Cespedes blue parallel #ed out of 199...not bad at all.  The blue parallels are seeded 1:30 packs so not quite one-per-box.  

I have to admit that these two packs just kept my good day rolling!  It's nice when something like that happens...it's far too easy to complain about stuff - so having a day full of nothing but positives is a nice thing!

Comments