Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Priority Flat Rate Box Exploration: Team Bag #2 from 2x3 Heroes!

Yesterday, I showed off the first (of seven) team bags that recently arrived courtesy of Jeff over at 2x3 Heroes.  Today, it's time to dig into the second team bag (and this one happens to be about twice as thick as the first team bag).

Based on the two cards on the outside of the team bag, I expect this particular bag to be filled with Reds - let's see who we get!

First up, a beautiful Aroldis Chapman Topps Chrome from 2012 Chrome.

I actually have a box of 2013 Topps Chrome waiting to be opened that I got for Christmas (I have three unopened boxes in total still!).  In terms of 2012, I didn't buy a single pack of Chrome so this card is much apprecited!  The group break set me way back in opening up stuff for myself...but I have  a feeling that I'll have plenty of time to open up the remaining boxes in the near future!

Next up, a gorgeous 2000 Fleer Tradition card of Brett Tomko.

I love, love, love this set!  In fact, this will definitely be a set that will eventually make its way on to my want list (part of that great reorganization that I talked about yesterday)!

Not every card that Jeff sent me was from a set that I knew something about.  For instance, this is some sort of Score (?) release from 1996.

You might not think you have heard of Calvin Reese but that's only because he ended up going by Pokey Reese for the duration of his Major League career.

We return to the retro sets with this Paul Wilson Topps Heritage card from back in 2005.

I wasn't really collecting in '05 so I have virtually none of the Heritage cards from this year.  In fact, 2005 was the year I graduated from college (which would have been around the time of Heritage's release) so you can't really blame me for thinking about things other than baseball cards!

The next card that caught my eye in the team bag was this diamond sparkle parallel of Chris Heisey from 2011 Topps.

I was hoping that this would be one of the twenty-three or so parallels that I still need from the set but alas, it was not.  Even so, it's still a nice looking card (and available for trade if you happen to have one of the cards that I still do need for the set)!  Here's what I'm still looking for:
2011 Topps Diamond Parallel Wants: 138, 306, 339, 369, 380, 381, 400, 408, 424, 440, 462, 511, 534, 537, 548, 550, 573, 579, 605, 612, 640, 652, 657
Moving on to another set that I could see myself collecting in the future, 1994 Upper Deck Collector's Choice.

I've been working on the 1997, 1998, and 1999 Collector's Choice sets for quite some time as they were the three years that I collected heavily as a kid.  I also recently busted a box of 1995 Collector's Choice and added that set to my want list as well.  Will the 1994 set join its comrades in my collection?  Not immediately, but I can say it probably will happen at some point (after all, Collector's Choice boxes are usually cheap and full of many, many cool cards)!

We end this particular team bag with another card from a set that I'm actively chasing - 2001 UD Vintage.

Unfortunately, much like the diamond parallel card from above, this one already resides in my set binder.  Even so, it's a nice looking card - and great representative of the beauty that is '01 Vintage.

Thanks for the fun box of cards Jeff - there's still five more team bags to go through so I'm expecting plenty more goodies before all is said and done!  If anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments