Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The Final Group Break Post! 1999 Topps Gallery (and one of my favorite cards of the break!)

This is it folks - the final group break post for the first group break of 2014 (at least the first hosted by me)!  I hope everyone enjoyed the ride - and I hope all the participants are happy with their haul.  I was pleased to see the general spread of inserts, parallels, serially numbered cards, and hits.  In fact, going into the final two packs I believe every team has at least one such "special" card except for the Orioles, Angels, Brewers, Athletics, Pirates, Rays, and Rangers.  Maybe we can find something good for one of those seven teams in our final two packs...

Pack 23:
1.  Mark McGwire - Cardinals
17.  Darin Erstad - Angels
41.  Paul O'Neil - Yankees
57.  Alex Rodriguez - Mariners
77.  Barry Bonds - Giants

I kind of like this card - it shows a different task than most baseball cards (i.e. hitting, fielding, running, etc.).  You don't often see a card showing a guy selecting his bat from a group of lumber brought to him by a bat boy.
135.  Eric Chavez - Athletics

Well, the Angels got another card anyhow!

Now to the final pack of the break!

Pack 24:
13.  Nomar Garciaparra - Red Sox
71.  Jay Buhner - Mariners
80.  Shawn Green - Blue Jays
85.  Moises Alou - Astros

This was my favorite base card in the pack - I love the shot...and the fact that Alou is diving into the base with (seemingly) no one anywhere near him to make a play!  Funny stuff!
115.  Roger Clemens - Yankees
GH3.  Gallery of Heroes:  Ken Griffey Jr. - Mariners

WOW!  What a card to end the break on...easily one of my favorites of the entire break!  The Gallery of Heroes cards are seeded 1 per box so we get to end the break with a true box hit!  In fact, I'm pretty much insanely jealous that I don't keep to keep this one - it's perfection!  The design, the colors, the good use of the stained glass effect...it all works wonderfully (and fits with the Gallery theme no less).  Kudos to Topps on this one, I love it!

And that ends the break - keep an eye on your mailboxes as I hope to get everything mailed no later than Friday.  I think I have to run to Wal*Mart to get some more mailing envelopes...

Comments

  1. Thanks for organizing and running this, Chris. But, now what am I going to look forward to when 8:30 AM, 12:30 PM, and 6:00 PM roll around each day? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for running a great break. Can't wait until the cards arrive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the good time, Sir. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Especially the interview (although that wasn't actually part of the break). Looking forward to my Tek Piazza, my three (?) Flair Lindemans (talk about collation issues) and the rest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment