Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

The Last of my 2014 Topps Heritage (For Now Anyhow)

It's time to finally finish off my second rack pack.  I think I strung out the anticipation long enough - but that's what you have to do when you haven't been buying new product lately!

Without any further delay, here's the bottom half of the rack pack:

38.  Brett Lawrie
336.  Andy Dirks
126.  Mike Matheny
330.  C.C. Sabathia
NAP-MS.  Max Scherzer

The New Age Performers return once again in 2014.  Personally, I'm sick of these but I do respect the continuity that Topps has shown with the Heritage line.  This year's set is seeded 1:4 rack packs.
390.  Alex Avila

This was a rather Tigers heavy pack...and the Avila card is probably my favorite out of all the base cards I pulled in the bottom half.  It's something about the trees in the background of Detroit Tigers Heritage cards (I noticed this with the 2011 Heritage set as well).
36.  Coco Crisp

I think everyone who pulls this card feels compelled to showcase it for one reason or another.  Who am I to disagree?
302.  Adam Eaton
125.  Nate Schierholtz
352.  Edward Mujica

The best thing about the 2014 Topps Heritage set from a set collector's perspective is that the little code on the back of the card is actually useful!  In fact, you can tell if you have some sort of regular 'ol base card if the code# ends in 7119.  If it ends in anything else, you have something "special" such as an insert, parallel, short print, error variation, etc.

Comments