Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 254: 1998 Upper Deck Retro - #25

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Upper Deck Retro
Card number:  25

The Upper Deck Retro set was sold packaged up in metal lunchboxes.  I remember seeing an ad for the set back when I used to read the Tuff Stuff Magazine cover to cover.  While I never had a chance to purchase any of the Retro cards when I was a kid, I did manage to track down a 1998 lunch box as an adult (and had a great time opening up the packs)!  The card design is top notch - sort of a Collector's Choice vibe without all the gloss on the back of the card.  The front design is clean (and foil free which makes me happy)!  The back of the card is simple and unassuming, but it works for the Retro brand.  The one thing I would change about the set is to make the card number a bit larger (and switch the location of the team logo and the card number - I prefer card numbers on the right side of the card).

Comments