Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 264: 1993 Score - #16

Barry Larkin
Year:  1993
Brand:  Score
Card number:  16

The 1993 Score set completely passed me by when I was a kid.  I had tons and tons of 1991 Score and decent amount of 1992 Score...but 1993?  Nowhere to be found.  In fact, I don't recall ever owning (or opening) a single pack of 1993 Score!  When I decided to write up a post for this particular Larkin card, I actually went back through my 1993 baseball card binders simply to see if I was forgetting the set...and no, I wasn't - this card might be the only 1993 Score card that I own.

Now, sometimes it's not a great thing if you only own one card from a set...but in the case '93 Score, it's perfectly fine.  This is an entirely forgettable set which could easily pass as the Miriam-Webster dictionary definition for the word "boring."  The front is plain, the back is plain, and nothing stands out (in either a good or bad way).  This is the baseball card equivalent of vanilla ice cream...and while that's not always a bad thing, it's also not good enough to make me crave the set (and hence why I have only one such card from 1993 Score)!

Comments