Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 266: 1996 Upper Deck SPx - #17

Barry Larkin
Year:  1996
Brand:  Upper Deck SPx
Card number:  17

As a kid, I never had any of the SPx cards (from any year) but if I had seen the 1996 SPx set, I'm sure I would have tried to save my pennies up in order to get a pack or two!  The card you see here is a regular 'ol base card (each pack contained one card...and it was a thick, die-cut such as this Larkin).  There is also a gold parallel (which I don't currently own as of the time of me writing this post).  The whole card per pack this is disappointing (or at least it would have been back in 1996) but years later having a single from this set is a nice addition to any collection (and it's even better when it's a card of the one player you collect)!

The front shows a holographic image (plus a regular image) of Larkin while the back has a head shot and a small write-up.  No statistics but in this case that's ok - they wouldn't have fit nicely because of the die-cut design anyhow.  The one improvement that I would have made would be to have moved the team logo from the back of the card to the front of the card.  Otherwise, this card is a winner in my book!

Comments

  1. I will keep my eyes out for that gold parallel version for you. I have both and agree it is a cool looking card. Keep those Larkin's coming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment