Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Finishing Off My First 2014 Topps Heritage Blaster of the Year

This week marks the final full week of teaching for me for the spring 2014 semester (next week is the final regular week of the semester and we get Good Friday off).  As such, you can expect to see a greater return to more interesting posts here at Nachos Grande once the next couple of weeks pass.  Until then, you get some moderately "phoned in" posts like this where I do very little other than show off some new Heritage cards (a set that many people seem to have already lost interest in)!

Pack 7:
34.  A.J. Burnett
50.  Matt Cain
210.  Erick Aybar
229.  Colby Rasmus
346.  Fredi Gonzalez
355.  Cody Ross
362.  Eduardo Nunez
483.  Cole Hamels

BF-RC.  Baseball Flashbacks:  Roberto Clemente

The Hamels short print is a nice find for me...only 70 some more to go!  (oye)  The Clemente insert is also nice...but it happens to be a copy of the one Baseball Flashback card that I already had.  (oye again)

Pack 8:
19.  Jeff Locke
24.  Zach Walters & Ehire Adrianza
86.  Wie-Yin Chen
106.  Nick Markakis
185.  Matt Holliday
256.  Wilson Ramos
277.  Will Venable
414.  Robin Ventura
NAP-PG.  New Age Performers:  Paul Goldschmidt

The Goldschmidt is my second New Age Performers card (actually my third as I have duplicates now of the Max Scherzer card).  The rest of the pack was pretty dull (with the Holliday card being particularly offensive since it was both a Cardinal and a duplicate).

As a whole, I can't say this blaster made me feel any better about my Reds' poor play on Opening Day (or, for that matter, their poor play throughout the entire first week of the season).  Maybe the second blaster (and with it, week 2 of the MLB season) will be better.

Comments

  1. I think I need to work "oye" into my everyday vocabulary. I like the way you used it.
    Congrats on entering your final full week of teaching. Because of snow days we go into June this year. (oye)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment