Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 272: 1993 Flair - #299 - Checklist

Barry Larkin & Rafael Palmeiro 
Year:  1993
Brand:  Flair
Subset:  Checklist
Card number:  299

Checklists aren't the most exciting cards ever, but I do miss the days of having checklists numbered as part of the set!  In Flair's case though, I don't think I would want one of my "high end" card spots in a pack wasted on a mere checklist - more proof you can't have your cake and eat it too I suppose!  Anyhow, this checklist is odd for another reason (besides being a card in a supposedly high end set), it features two players from two teams...and yet neither player's team actually appears on the checklist.  That is, since 1993 Flair was divided up into teams, the checklist featuring a Reds' player and a Rangers' player instead features the actual listing of players from the Pirates, Cardinals, Padres, Giants, Orioles, Red Sox, Angels, White Sox, Indians, and Tigers.  That's ten different teams and Fleer didn't think to include at least one player from one of those teams on the checklist?  Weird (and poor planning if you ask me).

Comments