Featured Post

PWE Week: The Conclusion to the Contest - Winner Announced!

Before we get to today's final envelope, it's time to update the final contest standings.  The goal was to guess the closest to the combined zip code of the seven PWEs that recently graced my mailbox.  The final envelope comes from one state north of me (New York) - which means it's a low zip code!

Our winner is:  Al Kawamoto who guessed 199,999 when the actual total was 242,059.  The next closest guess (who went too high) was Marc who guessed 246,802 - extremely close to the real total but unfortunately for Marc, he overshot the actual total which results in disqualification!  (Don't blame me - blame The Price is Right!)

Send me an email with your mailing address Al and I'll get your prize out to you before too long!

Now, let's get to the contents of the final envelope!

This one is from Greg (of Night Owl Cards fame).

Greg and I exchange cards quite often - and I never know for sure what to expect any time I open up an envelope from everyone's favorite bird blogger.

This time around?

A smattering of things from my want list - three cards to be precise.

We'll start with a card of the Mets celebrating their win over the Yankees in game 3 of the World Series.  Not much to say about this other than...well...it's one less New York-centric card that is now on my want list.

Next we fire up the way-back machine to 1995 and take a gander at this Collector's Choice card.

If I knew something about pitching I could probably determine exactly what pitch it is that Langston is about to unleash.  I don't know much about pitching though - other than the fact that I should never try to do it.

Finally, we kick it up a notch on the greatness scale with a bona fide Reds card...and it's a short print no less.

Yeah!

Thanks for the great cards Greg!  As always, if anyone else would like to trade check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

Post a Comment