Featured Post

PWE Week: Junior Junkie is PWE #3/7 for the Week: How is Your Guess Shaping Up? (Contest Update)

Today's envelope is the third (of seven) in the PWE Week Contest.  This particular envelope traveled all the way to Pennsylvania from Louisiana (where the T.J. aka The Junior Junkie resides).  Through three envelopes, our combined zip code score is:  137066.  How is your guess looking now?

T.J.'s envelope was about as full as a PWE can get without bursting at the seams - there were 10 cards in total tucked away in a pair of 9 pocket sheet rows.

I'll start off the show and tell portion with this Barry Larkin card from the 2012 Topps set.

I happened to write about this particular card in my Barry Larkin Collection series of posts back in March of 2012.  I can't say I like the fact that the card was clearly designed for relics - but I can say that I love getting Barry Larkin cards in the mail (and that trumps everything - even a bad card design)!

Besides the Larkin, there were nine other Reds in the PWE.  Of those, I think my three favorites were...

#3:  Baseball Heroes

This is a great looking card - and one that I'm fairly certain I didn't own until now.  I always liked the Baseball Heroes design that Upper Deck used (including the 2008 Baseball Heroes set).  The design is even better when it features a pair of Reds' superstars!

#2:  Camera Man!

A card doesn't have to feature a Hall of Famer (or two) to be cool or interesting to me.  Sometimes it's not the player that matters but the photo.  That's the case with otherwise ordinary Rick Wrona.  He happened to get a cool Stadium Club card of him taking photos in his full Reds' gear (including a batting glove for some unknown reason)!

#1:  Shiny Bench!

I just got done saying that a card doesn't have to feature a Hall of Famer to be great...but when a card does feature a Hall of Famer, that sure does help its case to be #1 on one of my lists.  When that player is Johnny Bench and the card is some sort of high end set that I'll never be able to afford on my own?  Well, that's a beautiful recipe to be #1 on my countdown!

Thanks for the great cards T.J.!  And, as always, should anyone else want to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Glad you like 'em! I've definitely been honing my craft when it comes to assembling PWE's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment