Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2014 Topps Allen & Ginter's Box #1 Continued: The Door to Hell is Paved with Minis

Tonight I open up packs #11 and 12 which means the first of four boxes will be totally complete.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the first box brings - so far I've found one (underwhelming) relic of Ian Desmond and not a lot else.  Will we be rewarded for our patience tonight?

Pack 11:
33.  Alex Avila
54.  Yordano Ventura
64.  Taijuan Walker
90.  Roy Halladay
204.  Albert Pujols
318.  Jason Kipnis
Natural Wonder:  5.  Door to Hell
I already pulled a copy of this card in one of my retail purchases - as such, the extra Door to Hell is available for trade.  Remember, I'm trying to put together ALL of the Ginter insert sets (both regular sized and mini sized)!
Reg. mini:  243.  Helen Keller

Well, I can't claim that that pack did much for me.  The insert was a duplicate thanks to my previous retail purchases - and while Helen Keller was a remarkable person (as was Anne Sullivan, her teacher), I don't have any plans to collect this year's mini set.

Pack 12:
15.  Matt Williams
17.  Travis D'Arnaud
44.  Ty Cobb
94.  Lou Brock
142.  Hiroki Kuroda
228.  Orlando Cepeda
Code ad card
Pastime's Pastimes:  Harmon Killebrew

Reg. mini:  Paul Molitor

Any Brewers collectors out there interested in Molitor?

At the halfway point, I can't help but think I might have a dud box on my hands...  That said, there are still two hits that should be lurking within the box so one great find could turn everything around.  Also, I knew I was hitting the mini inserts pretty hard so I shouldn't be bummed by getting a couple of "regular 'ol minis" in a row.

Comments

  1. What was the Killer's pastime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'm interested in Molitor! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interested in Molitor no matter which team! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take the Helen Keller if you can spare it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment