Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2014 Topps Allen & Ginter's Hobby Box #1 Continued: Dodger's Heavy!

This morning, it is time to finish off the first third of the first (of four) 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter's hobby boxes.  I found one hit yesterday (check my archives)...will I find another hit today?

Pack 7:
3.  Matt Davidson
9.  Koji Uehara
123.  Matt Carpenter
164.  Jenny Dell (this one goes to Mark H.)
181.  Jose Reyes
192.  Daniel Nava
Pastime's Pastimes:  Sandy Koufax

Koufax's pastime is listed as an actor.  I had no idea that Koufax was ever on TV (at least in a non-sports role).  According to the card back, Koufax appeared on five different series including 77 Sunset Strip (which I never heard of) and Dennis the Menace.
Little Lions:  7.  Oriental Bicolor

Another mini insert - which is awesome because I want them all!

I WANT YOUR 2014 TOPPS ALLEN & GINTER'S INSERTS (regular sized & minis)!  Contact me if you have any for trade - thanks!

Pack 8:
60.  Ryan Zimmerman
74.  Adrian Gonzalez
201.  Paul O'Neil
244.  Jake Marisnick
287.  Chuck Zito
345.  Yasiel Puig

A Puig short print would have been worth $20+ last year (especially since his base cards were going for $10-15 each during their heyday).  This year I'd guess Puig's base card won't crack $5 even as a short print.
World's Capitals:  Mexico City, Mexico

Another insert that I needed from the World's Capitals set.  I'm making slow progress on the various insert sets!
Where Nature Ends:  J.M.W. Turner

Yes!  Two-for-two in terms of mini inserts with this morning's packs!  The Where Nature Ends cards are probably of more interest to my wife than they are to me (she was an art minor in college).  Even so, a Ginter mini insert is one that I want - so I'm happy to have one fewer card to chase down!

Through eight packs, I've now pulled three mini inserts.  At listed odds of 1:5 packs, I should pull between 4 and 5 for the entire box...  I have a feeling that it'll be awhile until I see another mini insert since I have another 16 packs to go!

Comments