Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2014 Topps Allen & Ginter's Jumbo Pack #2: My First Red, Mini Maddux, and Mardi Gras

If all goes well, my hobby boxes of 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter should be here on Friday.  That will give me something to open (except for the one box that I'll need to save for Gint-a-Cuffs).  Unlike previous years, I didn't lock in a case of Ginter early enough (never had the money) and with current prices being what they are (i.e. incredibly high for some reason), I won't be getting a case this year.  That makes me sad - but it also means that I'll try to be a lot more proactive on the trade front in order to complete my set.  So before I get to the next retail jumbo pack, let me say this:

I WANT YOUR 2014 TOPPS ALLEN & GINTER'S INSERT CARDS (reg. sized, minis, and box toppers).  If you have any for trade, please let me know!

Now, let's get to the second jumbo pack!  This time, there was no great hit so I'll start with the top panel.

27. David Ortiz
56.  Jason Heyward
96.  Madison Bumgarner
190.  Kolton Wong
221.  Adam Eaton
236.  J.D. Martinez
338.  Andy Pettitte

That's one less short print that I'll need to track down.  Other than that though, I have to say it was a boring top half.  Let's hope the bottom half is more interesting.

58.  Tyler Skaggs
102.  Todd Frazier

My first Red out of Ginter!
257.  Adrian Beltre
Pastime's Pastimes:  Jered Weaver
Festivals & Fairs:  Mardi Gras

As I said before I posted the contents of this pack, I'm hoping to complete ALL the insert sets (both large and small).  As such, I'm happy to land the Mardi Gras card!
Reg. mini:  127.  Greg Maddux

A&G back mini:  149.  Jose Canseco

I don't currently plan to complete this year's mini base set.  I think my hands will be plenty full trying to track down all the insert cards - and plus, I need something for trade bait!

Comments