Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Barry Larkin Collection 290: 2003 Studio - #116

Barry Larkin
Year:  2003
Brand:  Studio
Card number:  116

The Studio line has never been my favorite - that said, the 2003 set is actually really nice.  I like the Reds' backdrop with the stadium and the city skyline...and I like that the player name isn't in foil!  I also appreciate the team logo on the front of the card - something I've commented on many times in the past.  As for the back of the card, it's not as nice (no career statistics) but I do like the secondary image.

One thing that I can't understand, why do so many card companies continue to emphasize the players' handedness (in terms of batting and throwing) and, even more unexplicably, their height and weight.  Are these things really that important (excluding pitchers in terms of left or right handed of course)?  Look at all the room Donruss could have saved on the left portion of the back of the card if someone had decided that the fact that Larkin is 6'0" isn't vital information that needs to be emphasized...

Comments

  1. The first thing that jumped out at me is that generic jersey without his number on the front, then I noticed that he's holding someone else's bat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment