Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

In the Beginning there were Four Boxes of Ginter.

It's time.

It's finally time.

I had to wait to see if I'd have any money to order boxes.  I had to wait to find a website that was selling boxes cheap enough for me to buy.  And then, I had to wait even more for UPS to deliver said boxes to me.

But the wait is over.

And now.  It's Ginter Time!

Over the next few days (weeks?) I'll be busting my four boxes of Ginter.  Actually, only three of the four since I need one for Gint-a-Cuffs.  That said, I don't want to waste any more time so here's the beginnings of box #1.

As with previous years, each box of Ginter begins with a top loader.

My box topper wasn't particularly of interest to me (Stephen Strassburg) but I did learn that some of the box toppers are nothing more than blown up cards this year.  I think it's safe to say that I WON'T be collecting these - at least not the Oversized Reprints Cabinet Box Loaders (as they are officially known).

Pack 1:
19.  Pablo Sandoval
25.  Joe DiMaggio
155.  Yogi Berra
188.  Jordan Oliver
197.  Wade Miley
341.  Barbed Wire

And to think, I was recently lamenting the fact that there weren't inanimate objects in this year's Ginter set.  I'm happy to see some of the truly odd stuff make it into the set - barbed wire will always have a home with me!
Air Supremacy:  4.  P-51 Mustang

Reg. mini:  272.  Tim Raines

Not a bad way to begin my first box - the Barbed Wire short print is great.

Pack 2:
52.  Kevin Smith
103.  Jon Lester
147.  Mark McGwire
215.  Johnny Bench

259.  Jim Calhoun
286.  Kris Medlen
Pastime's Pastimes:  Lou Gehrig
A&G back mini:  236.  J.D. Martinez

Admittedly, that wasn't the most exciting pack (though I do like the Johnny Bench card quite a bit).  I can't wait to dig deeper into my box...three hits should be lurking still!

Comments

  1. If you get another Mardi Gras card, hit me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't buy any A&G this year. I'm looking forward to your posts to satiate my pack breaking appetite. Bring 'em on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Mustang card! P-51D and Zero fighters are the most beautiful from that time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment