Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Another Original Allen & Ginter Card from 1889!

If you've looked at my want list lately, you know that I have a wide range sets that I am trying to collect.  For instance, in 2014 I'm working on both Topps Heritage and Topps Allen & Ginter's.  For last year, I'm still working on Allen & Ginter's, Topps Chrome, and Topps Archives.  My want list continues going backwards through the years...all the way back to 1889.

That's right.  1889.  Because last century is still too modern.

You see, I'm also working on one of the original Allen & Ginter's sets:  50 Fish from American Waters.  My newest addition to my oldest collection of cards is the Blowfish - the second card in the set.

I am happy to report that I now own 27 out of the 50 fish in the set!  Here's the back of the card in which you can see all the various (so-called) fish in the set:

The Blowfish card does have a nick out of it on the front (the upper portion of the blowfish) but for a card from 1889, I can't complain at all about the condition!  

Having 27 out of the 50 sets means I'm now sitting at a 54% set completion rate.  That's impressive to me considering how old the cards happen to be!  I hope to continue to add to my set, even if the going is quite slow since the cards are rarely listed for sale on eBay (and even then they have to sell within my price range for me to pick 'em up)!  

Comments

Post a Comment