Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! A Cardinal Fans Does Me Right.

Surprise mail is fun mail!

The other day, what did my eyes spy residing in my mailbox?

Why, it was a package full of 2014 Allen & Ginter's cards from Roger over at Sportscard Mask-a-Rade.  Roger is a huge Cardinals fan but I won't hold that against him if he keeps sending me great trade packages such as this one!

How great was it?  Well, for starters Roger sent me 14 more base cards that I needed for my set.  I'm painfully close to having the full set complete - can't you help mysterious reader?  In addition to the base cards, Roger completed the remaining short prints that I was missing (four in total).

In addition to all the base set goodies, Roger also put a serious dent in some of my insert want lists.  This included an Air Supremacy card of the F-22 Raptor...

...and a smattering of the Coincidence cards.

Out of the four Coincidence cards, I liked the 1895 Car Crash in Ohio card best since it said that the state of Ohio had only two cars on the road back in 1895...and that those two cars somehow managed to collide with each other that year!

Roger also sent a Natural Wonder card my way as well as a Festivals and Fairs card - plus a couple more of the Pastime's Pastimes cards.

Of the Pastime's Pastimes, the Matt Harvey is clearly the best since he is listed as a Jokester.  The back of the card talks about his segment for Late Night with Jimmy Fallon where Harvey walked around New York City asking people what they thought of Matt Harvey.  I recall seeing that clip make the rounds on the internet back when it happened and it was kind of funny (and I fully admit I wouldn't know Matt Harvey in a crowd of three people).

Finally, and perhaps most excitingly, Roger helped reduce my mini want lists by four.  Since I love minis, I scanned 'em all for you!
Stupid scanner (or else stupid me).  The cards aren't all chopped off at the top, you'll have to trust me on that.

The Blackbeard card is awesome - easily my favorite of the bunch!

Thanks for the great surprise package Roger!  As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade check out my want list and make an offer!  I'm still trying to accumulate a lot of the 2014 Ginter inserts (plus a few more base cards)!


Comments