Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! More Non-Junk from Jaybarkerfan's Junk!

I've greatly enjoyed spending time blogging here at Nachos Grande (and also over at my LEGO-centric blog Playing with Bricks).  However, even better than my own writing process is the ability to read so many great entries by hundreds of other bloggers!

One particular blogger who happens to have some of the most creative ideas out there is Wes from Jaybarkerfan's Junk.  Recently, Wes came up with an idea that I only wish I could have thought up:  a World Cup of Trading.  The basic idea is that Wes offered up a bunch of hits which people could then claim.  He'd send the hit to the person and in return, the person claiming the hit had to send back a package of whatever.
Wes then picks his favorite from each "pool" (the way he divided the hits) and then I believe it's going to come down to a fan vote for which package was best.  Well, I had to wait to scan and post Wes' package to me until I had a return package mailed to him.  I don't know that I'll win the whole thing (probably won't) but I do hope that Wes likes what I sent him.

Anyhow, we won't worry any longer about Wes' happiness, let's check out my happiness!  Actually, when the initial cards were posted there wasn't anything that I considered a "must have" for my own collection - but I wanted to participate anyhow so I picked something that I think I'll probably have no problem finding a good home for...


Yeah, the Red Sox fans are jealous now, aren't they?!

In true Wes fashion, he threw in a few other freebies that were definitely more in my interest range including a Joey Votto base card from 2014 Allen & Ginter.

I'm still working on the base set (see what I need here) - and I'm also working diligently on the inserts (both regular sized and mini sized).  Speaking of inserts, Wes threw in one of those for me as well:

Finally, Wes threw in a few older Reds' cards including one of Dusty Baker.

After this year's debacle Reds' season, I'm almost missing 'ol toothpick chomper.  Almost.

Oh, and speaking of missing things - where's Bruce's hat?!

Thanks for the cards - and for the fun contest Wes!  As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments