Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Too Many Verlanders Sends Me a Stamp

My wife and I are in the middle of packing up our house in preparation for our move (which should be happening next month).  Despite the general uneasiness and confusion surrounding any move, I have still managed to find some time to keep up with the blog - and even more importantly, I've been keeping up with trades.

Today's post, however, is actually a surprise PWE from Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders.  Dennis dropped a single "card" (actually a stamp) in the mail for me saying that he saw the card at a show for cheap and thought of me.

I don't think there's a better feeling than that of having otherwise random strangers think of you and pick up and mail you goodies when they see something they think that you might like.

As for the stamp, it is a totally new piece for my Reds' collection.  I know virtually nothing about stamps - so in terms of who published this stamp and other information?  Well, I've got nothing.  What I do know is that's really quite nice - and getting a surprise package in the mail?  That makes it darn near perfect.

Many, many thanks Dennis!  As for anyone else, if you'd like to plan a trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Looks like a Topps issued stamp from 1962

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, these are Topps Stamps from 1962. They were an insert.

    Topps made stamps in 1969 and 1974 as well, so keep your eye out for more of them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment