Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Weekend Blaster! 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter's Fake Gint-a-Cuffs (Part II)

Yesterday, I began opening up one final blaster of 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter's cards.  In doing so, I began my own fake version of Gint-a-Cuffs where I assigned a point value to every card.  After the first two packs, the blaster was sitting at 32 points.  Let's see if we can gain more points today, shall we?

Pack 3:
94.  Lou Brock
Cardinal stink isn't so bad when it's old retired dudes that I never saw play live.  -1 point though for having to write the word "Cardinals."  Ok, -2 since I did it twice.
132.  Ted Williams

Why do I feel like we've seen this photograph 100 times before?  I refuse to do research today but I'm fairly certain my instincts are correct.  -10 for laziness on Topps' part.
158.  Carlton Fisk
Sure, Fisk's homer stayed fair but he still lost the World Series to my Reds.  WHY DON'T PEOPLE REMEMBER THAT?  -10 for fake glory.  Second place is still losing, right?
178.  Domonic Brown
I got nothin' on this guy.  +0
Pastime's Pastimes:  Clay Buchholz
More Red Sox...three in one pack is no good...only thing worse would be three Yankees or three Cardinals.  -10
Black bordered mini:  16.  Bartolo Colon

Are there any Mets fans left?  Is there some sort of irony intended by Topps by putting Colon on a mini?  So many questions, so few answers.  +5 just because a mini Colon is funny to me.

Pack total:  -2 - 10 - 10 + 0 - 10 + 5 = -27 points
Blaster total so far:  5 points

That pack didn't help much, did it?!

Pack 4:
44.  Ty Cobb
I'm sort of sick of Ty Cobb cards.  Who would've thought one would say that 15 years ago?  That's how overdone the "legends" have gotten thanks to Topps (and previously Upper Deck).  -5
201.  Paul O'Neil
If O'Neil was shown as a Red, this would be worth many positive points.  Instead, he's a stupid Yankee.  -10 but +5 since I never could totally dislike Paul.  Therefore, -5 total.
272.  Tim Raines
I guess we all needed another Expos' card in our collections?  +3 because why not.
322.  Paul Konerko
A short print is good - and I've always kind of like Konerko.  +10
Air Supremacy:  B-17 Bomber

I've heard of the B-17 Bomber - and it's an insert that I need so +20
A&G back mini:  Aramis Ramirez

I guess I need to start a new pile for Tony L.  That's two Brewers minis in this blaster.  +5 since it has a home.  

Pack total:  -5 - 5 + 3 + 10 + 20 + 5 = 28 points
Blaster total so far:  33 points

Well, collectively those two packs added exactly one point to the blaster total.  More packs to come at a later date!

Comments

  1. Those airplane cards should be worth the numerical designation. The B-17 should be +17. That is unless the plane has Marilyn Monroe painted on the fuselage. then it's -10 for Yankee (Joe D.) wife.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment