Featured Post

Weekend Blaster! 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter's Fake Gint-a-Cuffs (Part IV)

Alright, alright.  So my "Weekend Blaster" ended up bleeding into Monday.  The last few packs of the blaster have been so bad that I figured Monday couldn't possibly make things any worse.  Let's see how I did tempting fate.

As a reminder, the blaster currently sits with a fake Gint-a-Cuffs score of -25 points.  Yes, that's a negative in front of the 25.  Only two blaster packs remain, they better be good.

Pack 7:
80.  Justin Verlander
I don't think Verlander has been nearly as good this year as he has in previous years.  Of course, that's a nearly impossible task so I guess I'll cut him a break.  +5
174.  Ben Zobrist
I was sort of hoping the Reds would acquire Zobrist to help play the infield while Brandon Phillips was out with his injury.  Instead, the Reds have tried to win with the likes of Skip Schumaker and other equally useless players.  -5 for disappointment.
271.  Chuck Klosterman
I had never heard of Klosterman - I'm clearly not reading enough GQ or Esquire (two places where Klosterman has written).  +5 for teaching me something new but -5 because why is a GQ author getting a card in Ginter?!  End result:  0 points
328.  C.J. Wilson
Short printed Wilson is worth 5 points.
Air Supremacy:  Sea Harrier FA2

Another insert that I needed, that's 20 points right there which helps this pack a lot!
Into the Unknown:  Francisco Pizarro

I think Pizarro was actually a pretty bad dude if I recall my history classes correctly.  That said, I needed this mini and that's all that matters for now.  +25 points!

Pack total:   +5 - 5 + 0 + 5 + 20 + 25 = 50 points
Blaster total so far:  25 points

Look at that!  We dropped the negative sign and now sit with positive 25 points heading into the final pack of the blaster.  Let's keep the positive points rolling!

Pack 8:
48.  Alex Rodriguez
UGH!  One of my all-time LEAST favorite players (and as Yankee no less).  -25 points.
60.  Ryan Zimmerman
I don't care for the Nationals all that much, but I have nothing against Zimmerman.  +5
122.  Craig Biggio
I always kind of like Biggio.  Plus it's nice to give the Astros a little love.  +10
234.  Roberto Clemente
I used to like the Pirates a lot more than I do now (in fact, Pittsburgh was my "second" team for years and years).  Unfortunately, just a taste of winning has turned the Pirates (and their blow-hard announcers) into prima donna baby whiners which I can't stand.  The Pirates hit more people than any other team and then cry and complain whenever their precious McCutcheon takes a fastball to the ribs (though they didn't seem to care that they knocked Goldschmidt out for the remainder of the season with an errant fastball).  All that said, Clemente doesn't suffer from any of the stink of the current Pirates. +10
Reg. mini:  140.  Matt Moore
Does anyone collect the Rays?  +0
Pastime's Pastimes:  Dustin Pedroia

Inserts are good.  +5
Code ad card
Dumb.  +0

Pack total:  -25 + 5 + 10 + 10 + 0 + 5 + 0 = 5 points
Blaster total:  30 points

Well, after 2 packs, the blaster had amassed 32 points.  At the halfway mark, the blaster had 33 points.  At the end of the blaster?  Only 30 points...and that's after making up a ton of points after suffering through packs 5 and 6!  Fake Gint-a-Cuffs was fun enough but I think I'm done with buying Ginter for this year.  Now it's time to trade - so check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments