Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Joe F. Delivers the Goods (Part I)!

A couple of weeks ago, I had two things happen that relate to today's post.  First, I held a contest in which Joe F. ended up emerging victorious.  Second, at the same time I received a huge box in the mail from the very same Joe!

Put both of those things together and what do you get?

You get me needing to put together a really nice prize/trade package for Joe - something that I hope to do shortly after my move is complete since the majority of my baseball cards are all boxed up right now!

However, while I can't report on my return package for Joe at the moment I can show off some of the goodies that Joe sent my way.  Joe and I both collect Barry Larkin cards - but this particular trade package was devoid of Larkins.  Instead, Joe included a note that said he found a "plucked" 1995 Collector's Choice set at a sports memorabilia auction and since he knew I was still working on the set he bought it and mailed me the cards that I needed.

You can't beat that for awesome - the blogosphere is full of great people!

The stack of Collector's Choice numbered well over 100 that I needed including the three cards that I chose to scan for today's blog post.  I'd love to know what was in that case in the Berroa photo.  Could it be a new pair of sneakers (Air Jordans most likely given the time period)?  Could it be a serious trunk full of poker chips?  Could it be cash from Berrroa's contract?  Inquiring minds want to know.  Also, why doesn't anyone else on the team want to sit by Geronimo?  Maybe the case is actually holding plutonium or something like that?  So many questions.

In fact, my once huge 1995 Collector's Choice want list is now quite small thanks to Joe's generosity!
1995 UD Collector's Choice Want List:
Base:  186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 494, 500
For me, the 1995 CC set is great - lots of fun photography and a good selection of players and teams (each team is well represented in the set - sort of a poor man's Topps Total)!
I don't know what's happening here but I do know I love this card!
Many thanks to Joe for the trade package - and for Joe, expect a return package sometime shortly after my move is complete (we close on the house a week from tomorrow)!  I will have a second post to show off more of the cards from Joe up in the next couple of days (if all goes well).  As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Glad you like them, Chris. Good Luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment