Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Joe F. Delivers the Goods (Part II)!

A couple of days ago, I showed off a big 'ol stack of 1995 Upper Deck Collector's Choice cards that Joe recently sent my way.  In addition to the CC cards that I needed from my want list, Joe also sent me some "bonus cards" since he thought they were kind of cool.

Let's see if I agree.

First up, a Cal Ripken Jr. card.

It's hard not to find any Ripken card cool.  The only change I would have made to this card is to have the photo on the back of the card be the photo on the front of the card instead - it's a great shot from a somewhat unique angle (plus you get the iconic warehouse in the background).

Robin Yount / George Brett / Dave Winfield

A card celebrating the three players who all hit the 3,000 hit plateau in 1992 (Yount, Brett) or 1993 (Winfield).  Yeah, that's pretty cool.

Nomar Garciaparra

According to the card's back, Nomar got his name from his father Ramon.  Nomar is simply Ramon spelled backwards.  Little tidbits like that are cool to me.

I guess Joe knows cool.  The extra cards all passed my test for coolness!

Finally, Joe also included a few of the silver signature cards from the set.  My favorite of the bunch he sent my way was this one of Chris Sabo.

Sabo was my first ever "favorite" player - and I chose him as a kid because he had the same first name as me and (at the time) he played for my favorite team.  To this day I still have a soft spot in my heart for 'ol Spuds.

Thanks for the great trade package Joe!  And, as I said before, I'll be sure to get something out to you in return once my move is complete (and my cards become unpacked).  As for anyone else, if you'd like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. I really liked that 95 UD Collectors Choice set. It's geared towards the younger audience, and I remember when I was a kid I loved it. The silver/gold signature inserts are on point too. Wish that concept caught on a bit more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment