Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait: Remember the Astrodome Delivers!

Back in March, Marc (from Remember the Astrodome) and I agreed to a trade where my end of things would be "to be named later."  Well, later has finally come - and boy did Marc hook me up nicely!

First up, Marc provided some vintage Reds for me.

My vintage collection is in desperate need of a complete overhaul by me.  I really need to figure out exactly what I do (and don't) own...and maybe I'll even try to build one of the older sets some day.  However, given the plethora of new sets on my want list currently, I probably shouldn't be adding anything else to the list for the time being.

Speaking of new sets, Marc also sent me a few examples of modern stuff including one of the better Bowman cards that I've ever seen...

If all Bowman stuff looked like that I might buy the brand.  For now though, I'll simply rely on the kindness of others for my Bowman fix!  Marc also sent me a couple of the new Donruss cards from Panini - the Votto is especially nice since the lack of logos isn't as noticeable with the side shot.

While I greatly appreciated all of the cards that I've mentioned so far, the real prizes of the trade package are below...

First, Marc helped me out with my quest to complete all the 2014 Topps Allen & Ginter's mini sets by sending me a trio of mini inserts.

The Lonomia is a catapillar that is often referred to as the "assassin caterpillar" in South America.  That little critter has been responsible for hundreds of deaths over the last decade (mainly in Brazil).  Scary little thing!

Finally, as if all of that wasn't enough, Marc also threw in a bunch of different Barry Larkin cards.  What was great about that was that there were quite a few that were new to my collection!  I'll show off each of them in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series of posts but here's a quick preview:

Thanks so much for the great trade Marc!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Love the vintage. Great cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I'm glad we could finally make this one come together, and particularly thankful that I could fill some Larkin holes for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment