Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Barry Larkin Collection 306: 1990 Topps Stickers - #136 - Variation 5

Barry Larkin
Year:  1990
Brand:  Topps Stickers
Card number:  136
Variation:  5

Although the card back itself is not Barry Larkin (it's actually Ruben Sierra), the front sticker happens to feature the Cincinnati shortstop and thus this card makes it into my Barry Larkin Collection.  Barry does have a card back in the 1990 Topps Sticker set (which I already featured here).

As for the sticker, it's pretty dull.  I don't like the weird colors on the border and the entire sticker seems to be relatively lifeless despite the image being an action shot from (presumably) a big league game.  I also don't like the fact that there isn't a name, team, or position on the sticker - how would young collectors know they are holding a sticker showcasing one of the best shortstops ever to play the game?!  While I'm happy to have this card (sticker) in my collection, it's definitely not one of my favorites!

Comments