Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 319: 1994 Pinnacle - #12

Barry Larkin
Year:  1994
Brand:  Pinnacle
Card number:  12

Growing up, I don't remember ever buying, nor opening, a pack of Pinnacle anything.  I don't know if that's because Pinnacle wasn't sold in drug stores (yes kids, I used to buy most of my cards at my local CVS drugstore) or if it was because Pinnacle was priced outside of my budget.  No matter, it's always fun now acquiring Larkin Pinnacle cards because the chances are almost 100% that they are new to me!

This particular Larkin is quite nice, though I wish there wasn't the second baseman's leg (?) in the photo on the front of the card.  It looks sort of weird, especially when placed next to the scan of the back of the card (where Larkin's one leg is completely chopped off).  I also find the yellow stat line showcasing Larkin's .321 batting average with runners in scoring position to be sort of odd.

Although I do find the Pinnacle brand to be sort of quirky, I still appreciate each and every Barry Larkin card in my collection...and yes, that includes lil' 'ol strange Pinnacle.

Comments