Featured Post

The Great Reorganization: Step 8: Team Sorting Complete - Now On to More Set Sorting!

Back in November of 2014, I posted an entry in my ongoing Great Reorganization series about how I was beginning to sort my extra and unwanted cards by team.  That process, I'm proud to say, is finally complete.

Well, at least for phase I.

I used the sorted team stacks to fill out the flat rate boxes that I used for my previous group break.  While I won't be doing flat rate boxes for my current group break (a jumbo case of cards should provide plenty of goodies for all team slots), I may do another flat rate mailer group break in the future.

For now though, I have boxes (and boxes) of cards that are completely sorted by team.

By organizing many of my extras in this manner, it is my hope that I'll have a ready-to-go supply of cards to round out future trade packages.  In addition, it helped to clear up a lot of shelf space that used to be stacks of random cards!

Now that phase I is officially over, I've moved into phase II.

Phase II is where things get trickier for me.  Phase I was all about purging cards from sets that I knew I would never try to collect.  It was easy to rule out most Bowman sets, 2007 Topps, and a slew of other stuff.

What's trickier is figuring out the remaining sets.

For instance, I know I have an unhealthy love for all things Pacific...but I can't possibly try to collect all Pacific sets.  Which ones to keep with the hopes of "maybe someday" and which to give up on?

Some of the decisions will be based primarily on how much I like the set.

Other times, the decision will be (at least partially) influenced by how expensive the set would be to collect.  Going back to the Pacific example, how easy is it to even find boxes of most Pacific sets?  In my experience, it's nearly impossible!

(if you know of a place where I can get some Pacific boxes unopened, please let me know)

So, I'm going to embark on the second Phase of my Great Reorganization.  As I do that, I'll be eliminating more sets...which means I'll need another round of sorting cards by team in the future.  That's ok - once this process is finally complete I'll have one of the best organized collections in all the land.

Just don't hold your breath for that day to come quite yet.


Comments

  1. Do I see some Panini Cooperstown at the top of one of those stacks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the reorganization! I'm sure the final result will be well worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment