Featured Post

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 5 - Packs 7 - 12 (A Rare 1:288 Mini Case Hit!))

Box #5 hasn't been very good to me in terms of full-sized inserts.  In fact, through half the box all the full-sized inserts have been duplicates.  Luckily though, the minis have been good - in fact, we pulled a case hit out of this group of six packs!

Box 5:
Packs 7 - 12:

Before I get to the "biggest" mini, let's start off with another First Lady.

Pat Nixon was most known for her work promoting volunteerism and giving back to the community.  I did notice the back of her card did not say that she was a beloved first lady (it seems like a bunch of the First Lady cards remark on how liked a particular woman was).

My next mini was also new to me, it's another A World Beneath Our Feet card.

The Devil's Flower Mantis can grow up to five inches long and it is camouflaged which allows the mantis to avoid predators and capture its unsuspecting prey.  I think the name of this critter is a bit scarier than the actual bug!

And finally, we get to the case hit (seeded 1 in 288 packs or exactly one per case).

That's one of the A Healthy Mind cards (there are also A Healthy Body cards that are case hits).  I like the little kite flying above the name of the insert set - a nice touch by Topps!

All told, it is disappointing to not add any new full-sized inserts to my set but getting a case hit is cause for celebrating!  I also found the two full-sized buybacks in this group (one from 2009, the other from 2012).  I still can't get over the idea of buybacks of cards less than a decade old.

Comments