Featured Post

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 6 - Packs 19 - 24 (A Flag Back Mini #/25 plus the Final Hit of the Box!)

I have had decent luck over the years with Allen & Ginter cases in terms of pulling rare cards (a Pele auto comes to mind immediately).  However, there have been a few card types that I have had terrible luck with:  Rip cards and mini variations.

For rip cards, I have gone two consecutive years of buying a case and coming up empty in terms of rip cards.  Since I can spoil the fact that I didn't get a rip card in the final six packs of this box, I'm now 2.5 cases without a rip card.  That's not cool since I would like to be able to count on selling said rip card to help recoup a substantial chunk of the cost of the case!

I have also had lousy luck with rare mini versions - at least I had up until this case.  You see, I pulled my first ever wood mini earlier in the case, and now I have pulled a rare mini numbered out of 25.  Perhaps my luck is turning?!

Box 6:
Packs 19 - 24:

Before I get to the mini, let's look at a framed mini.

Yeah, another one of the framed buybacks.  I still maintain that these are way better than the full-sized buybacks.

My rare mini is one of the flag back minis though you can't tell that from the front of the card.

As you can see, it is hand numbered out of 25 (my copy is #13/25).  The flag back minis (as they are called by Topps) are seeded 1:157 packs making them pretty rare!

For me, the big prize of the box was the above mini but I did get my third and final hit of the box as well.

I've at least heard of Malcom Gladwell - more than I can say for the majority of the pop culture relics from this year's Ginter set!

That's it for box 6...and with that, the first half of the case.  No rip card yet but I have found a wood mini, a flag mini, and a 10th Anniversary parallel numbered out of 10.  I've also accumulated a bunch of trade bait - perhaps that list will even be posted to the blog by the time you get to read this post!

Comments