Featured Post

A TCDB Mailbag on One of the Best Mondays of the Year!

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 7 - Packs 1 - 6 (A Great Box Topper plus a Framed Autograph)

Alright, it is time to begin the second half of the 2015 Topps Allen & Ginter case!  Here's hoping for more greatness though I must say overall the first half of the case was pretty darn good.

Box 7:
Box Topper:

Wooooooooo!  First, I love the Pride of the People set - and I plan to complete it.  Second, of the various locations in the set, the Colosseum is one of my favorite (and one of three that I've actually seen in person - the others being Big Ben and Mount Rushmore).

I hope this is harbinger of greatness for the rest of the box!

Packs 1 - 6:

Lots of good stuff this time around including my first new full-sized insert in two or three boxes!

That's a Shamshir which was popular in Persia in the 1500s.  The shape of the blade made it ideal for use in mounted combat (so says the back of the card).

In addition to the full-sized insert, I also landed a new mini insert!

That is Mary Read - one of the two most famous (and feared) female pirates in history.  I'm glad Topps including Mary in the set - gender equality among pirates!

My next mini of note was another no number mini.

It's too bad that Joaquin Benoit isn't a bigger name, but still, I'll take it!  The no number minis are not serially numbered this year.

And, as if all that wasn't enough, I also pulled a framed autograph!

I don't know much about Jung-Ho Kang but I do like the autograph (it includes his jersey number which is a nice touch).

That was a great start to box #7 - let's hope it continues!  Stay tuned for more Ginter...I'm writing these posts as quickly as I can (my poor, poor scanner)!

Comments

Post a Comment