Featured Post

Contest Results!

A couple of days ago, I posted a contest dealing with a new batch of custom minis (based on the 2008 Topps Allen & Ginter's design).  The contest was virtually over before it even began...Red Cardboard was the first to comment and he got all the players correct.

And here I thought the contest might be a tough one.  Shows what I know!

Anyhow, Red Cardboard drop me an email with your mailing address so I can get your prize out to you!

In the future, I'm definitely going to have to make my contests a bit tougher - though it's a fine line between too difficult and too easy!  I've actually had an idea to do a Ginter Code type contest for a long, long time...but I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in something that would definitely be more challenging / time consuming.  Let me know what you think about that idea in the comments (or via email if you prefer).

Moving back to the custom minis, these were all made by Ryan - and since we now know the identity of the 14 new subjects in the set, I thought I owe it to both Ryan and all my readers to show off a couple of the custom cards since they are so nice!

We will begin with one of the most exciting Reds' pitchers of my lifetime, Aroldis Chapman.

I have no doubt that Chapman (and Cueto) will no longer be Reds by the end of this year, but for now I get to enjoy both players pitching for my team.  In a fun coincidence, both Cueto and Chapman ended up in the newest batch of custom minis...maybe it was Ryan's way of throwing me a bone before two of the best Reds get traded.

Speaking of traded, the most interesting player of the bunch (in my opinion of course) was Hank Greenberg.

I think Ryan really nailed the Ginter style when it comes to retired stars.  This card 100% looks like it could be issued by Topps which is great!  In fact, I'm rather jealous of anyone that can make custom cards like this...well done for sure!

The final two minis that I have chosen to show off are both players that are unlikely to be traded from their respective teams any time soon:  Joc Pederson and Kris Bryant.

Definitely cool stuff - and a big thanks to Ryan for hooking me up with a bunch of the minis to share with all my blogging partners!

As I said earlier, let me know if you'd have any interest in a Ginter Code style contest...and be sure to show Ryan some love in the comments as well!  Finally, make sure you shoot me your mailing address Red Cardboard - I've got a bunch of prize cards ready to go out to you!

Comments