Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2015 Gint-a-Cuffs: Pack 9 (We Find Our First Hit)

We have opened up eight packs so far without a hit.  Pack #9 changes that.  Will it be a monster point scorer?  Honestly, as of the time I am writing this post I don't know since the rules aren't yet posted.  That said, if I'm being honest my best guess is "no, not a monster point scorer."

Points so far:  50 (with the usual box topper disclaimer)

Pack 9:

26.  Steven Souza Jr.
348.  Aaron Sanchez
170.  Chris Davis
52.  Jake Marisnick
Starting Point:  SP-60.  CC Sabathia  (+2 since he is an Indian here and not a stupid Yankee)
A World Beneath Our Feet:  BUG-9.  Deer Tick  (+2 for the critter)
Full-Size Relic:  FSRA-YC.  Yoenis Cespedes  (+6 points for being a boring full-sized relic)

A relic plus two inserts makes for a pretty good pack.  The Deer Tick is particularly vile - I live in the eastern US so we have to worry about ticks quite a bit (especially with my dog).

Pack total:  10 points
Points so far:   60 points

While the 10 points for this pack is certainly nice, I think I need to get quite a few more points out of my "hit" packs if I have any hope of competing in the competition.  In other news though, I am working on all the various mini sets from this year's edition of Ginter - so if you have any for trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments