Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2015 Topps Allen & Ginter: Box 10 - Packs 7 - 12 (Another Case Hit!)

The first post for box #10 found me opening a box topper of red minis numbered out of 40 (see my previous post).  The second set of packs finds another case hit for us!

Box 10:
Packs 7 - 12:

Before I get to the case hit, I need to show off some of the other "lesser" hits - though to me they are just as important since I aim to collect all the insert sets.  We begin with a pair of Ancient Armory cards - both new to me!

The Dory Spear was used by ancient Greek soldiers and was basically a 10 foot long point pole.  The Flail, on the other hand, was used by peasants in the middle ages as an agricultural tool that could be turned into a battle weapon when needed.

My other new full-sized insert is the famous Flying Car.

Given all the advances of the mid 1990s, a flying car really isn't that crazy of an idea.  Unfortunately, no one has figured out how to make a safe flying car and so for now at least, it's just a fanciful idea for dreamers!

Turning our attention to the minis of note - first another Magnates, Barons, and Tycoons card.

Cornelius simply sounds like a name for a baron or tycoon, doesn't it?  According to his card, Cornelius Vanderbilt was one of the wealthiest men of the 1800s mostly thanks to his steamship and railway industries.

My other notable mini was a case hit!  This is one of the A Healthy Body inserts.

Seeded one-per-case, good luck completing this set!  I didn't realize that rope climbing was an Olympic sport all the way until the 1932 L.A. games.  I'm also glad that I never had a gym class where rope climbing as a requirement - I don't think I'd be very good at it.

Finally, our first hit of box #10.

It's a nice framed relic of a stupid Cardinal.  The only way I end up keeping this card is if I try for the framed relic set - and of that I'm still not sure if I will try for or not.

That's it for this round - half of box 10 is now done...what will the second half hold?

Comments

  1. MARP and his deamy eyes-gret hit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I wish rope climbing was still an Olympic sport! I kicked ass at that back in PE, though it was usually a pole for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment